Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back In Action

There is literally no place like home. After a very short break I was quickly how much I love my family and California. Unfortunately I did not get the chance to see many friends:( But playing candy land and watching movies with my baby sisters on new years eve was simply priceless. I had two christmases one in Texas and one in California. I flew into Texas and drove back to Cali with my family, while the two day road trip was not as excruciating as I thought it would be it ate up 2 days of my 10 day break. Some day if I ever become a super entendent I will ensure students and teachers have at least a full two weeks off. At any rate, yesterday I kissed my sunny skies goodbye only to be greeted by freezing philadelphia.

Evidently this cold permeated the school walls and when I walked in this morning I still felt like I was outside. My classroom was so cold that we had to find another room on a different floor. Generally, when we switch rooms the students seem more serene this however was not the case today. I am not sure if it was the cold or the fact it was the first day back but many were rowdy and disinterested in working. Surprisingly, two that generally give me trouble were very engaged. We went over new years resolutions and last year reflections, we also established collective expectations and reviewed the rules.  From what I gather this semester will require a different approach. Soon I will be taking over three more classes as well as my own g.s.e coursework; in short, the intensity will increase. I am excited and afraid of what is to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment