Sunday, November 6, 2011

Birthday Reflections

A great man once said "Go girl Its your birthday!" (-Trey Songz lol) 

  I would first like to thank God for yet another year. I had a very eventful birthday that actually began last saturday and culminated today. I was initially nervous as it would be my first birthday ever without my family and first in four years without my best friends, but through this experience I have come to appreciate a new extension of my family “my East Coast Fam.” I had a collaborative party with my roomate and another close friend on Saturday, turned it up on wednesday at the Jay-Z & Kanye West concert, partook in the awesome Penn Homecoming festivities Friday and Saturday, and enjoyed a lovely soul food brunch at Warm Daddies (a philly jewel) today. And in each celebration I was surrounded by amazing people. In just five months I have developed another set of beautiful friends and for that I am thankful. 

I am also thankful to be working on my masters and endowed with the potential to do good things for the betterment of my people. It literally seems that 21 just happened and in it’s happening life moved so fast. I graduated from UCLA, moved across country and have in many ways began a totally new life. In six months my life will be shifting again and it will be time for me to make a decision about the next direction. So it is with open arms that I accept 22 and all the love and lessons it has for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment