Saturday, April 7, 2012

A New Position

Hello World,

With so much going on I have not had time to update you. So as you know, I am currently a student in teacher's ed., getting certified in Secondary Social Studies. Upon the recommendation of the school principal at my student teaching placement, I was recently site selected to be emergency certified in English, in order to teach in a pilot academy for repeat ninth and tenth graders. As a result, I teach both English and History; and function as a student teacher and a certified teacher within the school. (crazy right!) So in short the past month has been intense. I teach two English II courses, one English I and I am still teaching my ninth grade World History course. Oh yes and I am a full time student at Penn. Yet with all the craziness this position has been such a blessing. While I had intended to add on an English Cert., I will now have real experience teaching both. Moreover, I also have real incite on what it means to be a full-time teacher, plus I have my own classroom (yipee). The academy started March 5th (yes mid school year) and we have been pushing forward ever since. On March 3rd some of my wonderful friends and I came together to help me Christen my room. Lesson planning and grading for three different courses and four different groups of students is well, no joke but what can I say I love the rush.. Stay tuned more updates on this endeavor. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment