Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Break


Unlike other programs in GSE TEP’s  Spring Break is aligned with the School District of Philadelphia. So this past week students and student teachers were able to get away. Nonetheless, somehow my break slipped away from me. Instead of going home, I decided that I would use the break to search for jobs, go on interviews, work on my master’s portfolio and get ahead on planning. Unfortunately, the position I informed you about in the last post, is not guaranteed for next year.  As one might predict only one of those (on my spring break laundry list) really happened. I was able to arrange four different interviews and two demo lessons with schools in NY. After much grooming by our GSE career services representative Jim Alton, I went in and tried to make my resume come alive. I have received one job offer thus far (yay!) and will be waiting to hear back from others. Meanwhile, in thinking about the future I let the present slip away. So in short I will spend the rest of my weekend getting ready to teach next week, working on my masters portfolio and hopefully sleeping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment