Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Cold is Coming


As a Cali girl its difficult for me to conceptualize the cold. When my new found east coast family discusses temperatures below 50 degrees my common response is “I don’t get it.” So this week my roommate choose to join me in my quest for a winter coat, apparently not knowing what she had got herself into. Luckily we began and ended at Burlington coat factory but somehow ended up being in the coat section for almost two hours. In total I must have tried on 16 different coats and re-tried each one at least once. After assessing whether or not it was stylish my next question was “do you think this will be warm enough.” I ended up narrowing it down and walked out with one pea coat and a “puff coat.” Nevertheless, I have been warned that if I can wear it now it may not be sufficient for the peak of the winter. And to this I generally respond “wait it gets colder than this!?” In short I am pretty terrified for my first East Coast winter. I’m taking all recommendations for ways to keep warm. Hit me up!   

No comments:

Post a Comment