Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How Coffee Became my BFF

It started out as something I would indulge in here and there. But as the Fall has begin to take it’s course coffee has become a staple part of my diet. The formal induction of coffee into my life seem to be both unfortunate and quite helpful. My favorite form of coffee is the chilled Starbucks frappucino’s that I purchase religiously from the Fresh Grocer or CVS, both a block away from my house. I have even started to brew my own with my lovely coffee maker that resides on my kitchen counter. Nonetheless, I do realize the potential health detriments of my large intake of caffeine; and thus, try to have at least one Odwalla or Naked and/or a bottle of water for every two servings of coffee I have. Even my students have taken note of my new fix and consistently state, “Ms. Fuller you always drinkin that stuff.” Coffee seems to get me through long days of student teaching, meetings and class; and then through long nights of reading, writing and lesson planning. When I need it, it is only three bucks away…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment